Norcal Volvos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random stall

3 posters

Go down

Random stall Empty Random stall

Post by Codum Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:00 pm

So just before the weekend after picking up a buddy we were gonna roll through a stop light when the gas pedal didn't turn the engine anymore, then a quick stall. Inspected the usuals but couldn't figure it out for myself, thankfully the family has a big enough trailer.
Random stall 40209_11
Brought it to the trusted mechanic and took care of the timing belt which had seized. I blame not having enough oil but I really can't brainstorm myself.
Also I found that the alternator was displaced an inch back in the mount. So getting new rubber grommets for that
Codum
Codum

Back to top Go down

Random stall Empty Re: Random stall

Post by Big Lan Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 am

Codum wrote:Brought it to the trusted mechanic and took care of the timing belt which had seized. I blame not having enough oil but I really can't brainstorm myself.
The timing belt seized? Do you mean the tensioner pulley or something? Or did the belt break? There shouldn't be oil anywhere near the timing belt.

Is the car running now?

Also, that trailer's awesome.
Also I found that the alternator was displaced an inch back in the mount. So getting new rubber grommets for that
Buy poly bushings. http://www.ipdusa.com/version.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStartRecord=0&strParents=70,189,474&P_ID=279&CAT_ID=474&V_ID=715
Big Lan
Big Lan
The Biggest Boss

https://norcalvolvos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Codum Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:26 am

Well I don't think the belt broke since the starter motor was having a hard time turning the thing thing.

More importantly the car is running and might I say far more on cue. I'm curious now how that might have happened in the first place and also how this effects my firing for the cylinders. I've been having some days where the motor just doesn't want to use the juice I'm dumping till the car gets to a decent speed.

As I think about it I bet I can't even come close to the accuracy needed for this component.

This seems exciting as the rubber ones I've got are hard and brittle. Do they last longer than the car should ??
Codum
Codum

Back to top Go down

Post by Codum Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:29 am

Big Lan wrote:Also, that trailer's awesome.
Yea that thing has towed my brother's 740'92 and mine many times. Sweet money saver in the long run as long as you have some place to hide it
Codum
Codum

Back to top Go down

Post by BayV70 Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Polyurethane lasts forever. tensioner pulleys give out before the belts most of the time. glad to hear shes on the road now.
BayV70
BayV70

http://www.dimodasalon.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum