Norcal Volvos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay?

5 posters

Go down

Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay? Empty Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay?

Post by Runerhyme Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey everyone!
The R will soon go on a trip, back to its home country. But before then, I'm going to fix it up a bit.

The seams on the leather seats have opened up, and needs to be sewn back together, or, some of the leather might need to be replaced. Does anyone know a place that can do that, who does not charge over the top?

The R rims (1995 T5R model) are also pretty beat up, and has plenty of curb rash and a few dents on them. Is that repairable?

It's shipping out in about two weeks, so I need to find something pretty fast.

Thanks! Smile

Runerhyme

Back to top Go down

Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay? Empty Re: Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay?

Post by volvie! Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi Runerhyme,

When we were car shopping (for my mom's S70) we came across a number of cars that needed some work on the leather, so I asked some questions.

JRL, one of the members on Swedespeed, highly recommends the Fabrion company. He says they do amazing work and are reasonably priced. Here are a couple links:

Fabrion:
Home:
http://www.fabrion.net/index.php?id=home

Locate a franchise:
http://www.fabrion.net/index.php?id=locatefranchises

There are also videos and before/after pictures on the Fabrion site.

Post on Acura Forum:
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604539&highlight=fabrion

We were able to find a car with decent leather, so we have not contacted them yet...

Please keep us updated with your progress and let us know if you find someone good!

Good luck,
volvie!
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay? Empty Re: Upholstry and wheel repair in South Bay?

Post by Runerhyme Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:10 am

Thanks. Will check them out asap! =)

Anyone know a place for wheel repairs? Does regular tire stores do that?

Runerhyme

Back to top Go down

Post by VIP_s60 Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Try Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara.
VIP_s60
VIP_s60

Back to top Go down

Post by 96dtm850 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Pics of the wheels?

96dtm850

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinlvy Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

would love to see the picture of the wheels. i haven't much been in contact with the best upholstering shop i known, changed my interior and as an added bonus he gave me a customized cup holder inside the car! cool!

kevinlvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down